Job Posting OPEN
Case Manager II ESG - LTE
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
Case Manager II
DATE ISSUED: May 2022
SALARY LEVEL: 21
REPORTS TO: Case Manager I or Case Manager II Supervisor
AREA OF FOCUS: Housing & Community Services
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing case management to individuals and families; includes needs assessment, service plan development, monitoring, support, advocacy and referral. Responsible for enabling clients to receive a full range of appropriate services in a planned, coordinated, efficient and effective manner. The work is performed under the general supervision of a supervisor; however, the employee is expected to exercise initiative, creativity and good judgment in carrying out duties. The employee must be available for flexible work hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
- Supports and upholds Couleecap’s mission to fight poverty and promote self-sufficiency for individuals by helping to identify needs, mobilize resources, and provide quality services.
- Recruit and enroll program participants. Process applications, including interview and verifications.
- Provides assessment/individual service planning and ongoing follow-up for clients.
- Develops contracts with clients to achieve goals, establishing short- and long-term goals.
- Provides support services required to achieve goals.
- Acts as advocate for clients receiving case management services; making referrals to other services as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other agencies and staff involved with clients.
- Communicate with landlords and negotiate leases.
- Attends meetings and trainings.
- Keeps records and prepares reports.
- Works as a member of a team to provide effective, quality services.
- Assist in evaluation of programs. Assist in development of programs and services.
- Ability to understand, appreciate, and interact with people from all cultures or belief systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires completion of a baccalaureate degree in a college or university or 1 to 2 years’ previous experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education in Human Services related field preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Access to reliable, licensed, insured driver and transportation.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Good knowledge of the available services in the current service system. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, family members, professional staff and the community is essential. Computer experience. Residency in the service area is preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.